Mobile Apps for Schools
Uses for K-12 for mobile apps.
Districts can finally go mobile, reach busy parents and students and other stakeholders on-the-go. Apps free up paper use and time consuming tasks and allow engagement without having to be a desktop computer.
Some uses include:
- Sports Schedules & Scores
- Bully Reporting (schools can encourage kids who witness bullying to snap a picture and send to officials)
- Parents to check their kids’ grades and attendance
- Parents unable to attend school plays/concerts – schools who videotape can have it streaming live onto their mobile apps and parents can send live comments
- Viewing and commenting on Social Media sites with the school’s hash-tag
- RSS feeds that include details when available re: scholarships and financial aid opportunities
- Schools are using mobile apps as their “extra eyes” in terms of maintenance needs, allowing kids and parents and others to send photos of repairs needed
- Digital audio tools can be used to improve reading skills with children
- Schools can use QR codes to share the latest information or announcements
- Announcements can be pushed to stakeholders reminding them of PTA meetings, etc.
- School secretaries no longer need to call parents when children are absent, but can send messages via mobile app (saves paper expenses and gets immediate response)
- Principals blog can directly connect with stakeholders
- Deadlines for permission slips notifications and “make sure Johnny has field trip money today and proper shoes for the farm”
- Contact names and numbers